AirWild Cable Attach #4-40 Fitting is a nickel plated steel fitting designed specifically for attaching steel cable to any kind of attachment hardware and also allows for cable tension adjustment. Its #4-40x5/16 in. end can be screwed onto various attachment devices such as clevises or ball links.
Typical applications include rudder pull-pull cable setup and flying wires for flying surfaces.
- Insert cable through fitting from hex header end.
- Pick up cable by the threaded end of the fitting and tie a knot at its end.
- Pull knotted end of cable tightly back against end of fitting to compress knot. You can also use a plier or alike to do this. For larger diameter cable stripping away the coated insulation material may help making the knot tighter and smaller.
- Another option instead of tying a knot is to solder a bead of solder ball onto the tip of the cable. Be sure to strip away ay insulation that may be present on the cable.
- Thred fitting onto intended attachment.